From x-bees, it is possible to create new Salesforce Partner Community leads and manually log activities to Salesforce Partner Community. The user who performs an action on a Salesforce Partner Community record from x-bees is assigned as the author of this activity in Salesforce Partner Community.
Find leads and look up activities
Use the search field in the upper left part of the screen to find Salesforce Partner Community leads and contacts. All the results matching your criteria from your Salesforce Partner Community instance appear in the drop-down list with relevant icons:
- Salesforce logo next to a contact indicates that there's a match in Salesforce Partner Community
- Orange icon indicates this match is a Salesforce Partner Community lead
- Violet icon indicates this match is a Salesforce Partner Community contact
Limitation: Currently, it is possible to find leads related to other partners within the same company (same PBX).
To view the activities, click on the match and proceed to Upcoming and Overdue and Activity History on the Info panel:
When you click on Upcoming and Overdue or Activity History, the relevant screen opens on the Info frame displaying the necessary details:
If you are already in a conversation with a Salesforce Partner Community lead or contact, click on the contact from the Info tab to view the information on this Salesforce Partner Community match:
To manually log activities, open a Salesforce Partner Community lead on x-bees. You have two options:
Users who created a task or logged a call via x-bees, can edit the tasks in Salesforce Partner Community.
Inbound and outbound calls via PBX are automatically logged for users that have a match in Salesforce Partner Community (leads, contacts, accounts) are displayed as completed tasks.
The data of a logged call includes: participants, call type and duration, date and time the call was received/made, information about transfers.
Conferences with leads are also automatically logged to Salesforce Partner Community as completed tasks in Activity History:
Logged data includes conference title, conference date and time:
- The below calls are not logged:
- Received and missed PBX calls in case of an unknown number.
- Calls that were cancelled or lasted less than 5 seconds.
- Calls between users of the same PBX/ WMS Network.
- If the lead has multiple matches, task is created for the newest lead.
- This logic applies if the duplicate lead was created after installation of the integration. Otherwise, if a lead had multiple matches before installation of the integration, the match is chosen randomly.
- When the lead match is changed, all new tasks are created for the assigned match. Old tasks are not changed. Tasks assigned to the previous match are not displayed for the new match.
Note: The logging process follows the below rules:
- If x-bees user, who adds a task or makes a call or conference with Lead or Contact, is not present in Salesforce Partner Community, the task in Salesforce Parter Community is displayed as created by user who installed the integration. Otherwise, the task is displayed as created by user, who actually created the task, or had a call or conference with Salesforce Lead or Contact.
- When the user who manually logged the activity is not in Salesforce Partner Community, in the Task Information section a comment is added informing whom the task was created by.
- Internal activities, which involve only x-bees users are not logged.
- In case of a conference with multiple Leads or Contacts, a task is created for each Lead or Contact that has a match in Salesforce Partner Community.
- If a Lead's owner is present in the conference, the Lead's owner is displayed as the creator of the task for this Lead. Otherwise, the creator is the user who installed the integration.
Sometimes, when looking for a Salesforce Partner Community lead on x-bees, multiple matches may be found. In this case, you need first confirm the match, and then log the activity.
Click on the Matches in Salesforce field:
Choose the relevant match (1) and click Confirm (2):
In case you are in a conversation with an external person who is not present in Salesforce Partner Community, you can create Salesforce lead:
- Click three dots next to the user -> click View Profile
- Press Create Salesforce Lead:
- Enter Lead details and click Save: