Note: Starting from WMS 6.04.20230724.1 and Android app 5.13.05, admin user can predefine Advanced settings via PBX, so that users have the same configurations of the Collaboration app on their mobile phones.
By default, editing Advanced settings is allowed. Once forbidden, the Advanced settings controlled by PBX are greyed out on users’ mobile apps and editing is not possible. For all parameters that are not explicitly defined by admin, default values are used for all users who have the corresponding ACL. See the list of parameters that can be predefined and the available values in the documentation Custom config parameters List (section “Configure Advanced settings in Collaboration app on mobile”).
List of advanced features accessible from Application Settings -> Advanced and their explanation.
- Debug: if enabled, you can collect logs in case of crashes/ issues with the application. Detailed information can be found in Debugging of Collaboration Mobile Apps Guide
Disable SIP mode: if enabled, call via “Direct call” is set as default mode for call generation. In this mode application de-registers from the PBX; missed call counter, new voicemail counter and status of “Trunk”, “Timetable”, “Switch”, “3 state switch”, “Call group” Feature Keys stop working. Chat and call control/ call generation via remote device continue to work
Enable WebRTC: the feature is disabled by default. If enabled, the connection between calls is established via WebRTC
- WMS version 5.01.20200327.3 or higher
- min. supported Android version: 5.0 Lollipop
Limitation in WebRTC mode:
- conference calls are not supported yet
- Initiate video calls: if enabled, the video is enabled automatically after an outgoing call is answered. Enable it for integration with door phones
- Vibrations: enable / disable vibration for notifications
- Auto unlock screen: if enabled, the screen of your device automatically unlocks when you receive an incoming call
- Proximity sensor: if enabled, it prevents your device from unintentionally activating the touch screen during calls
- Accept intercom: enable / disable the intercom feature
- Autostart video: if enabled, the video is enabled automatically after an incoming call is answered
User status when talking on mobile: you can set which status (Current / DND / Away / Online) and which status message must be displayed to other users when you are busy in a mobile call
Current limitation: it is not recommended to enable option "User status when talking on mobile" in case of using Outlook Integration: after completing a mobile call, user status might not be able to go back to its previous state due to the Outlook Calendar sync, and might remain incorrect.
- Mic gain: adjust the microphone gain level. Test the optimal Mic gain level for your phone via echo test (76)
Native Calls Support (beta): the feature is available only on devices with Android 6 or higher with pure Android. If enabled, VoIP calls have the same priority as mobile calls
user name/ user number are not updated during a call (for example, after call transfer)
call from History does not work in case there are 2 active SIM cards on the same phone
during early media playback call dialog is not displayed (till the call is answered)
duplicated call on Samsung phones
Outgoing calls via Wildix (beta) (appears after activating Native Calls Support option): if enabled, it is possible to direct outgoing calls from mobile native dialer via Collaboration
Activating Outgoing calls via Wildix for the first time, you need to choose Wildix as your default call redirection app on the screen that pops up.
- Use DSCP from PBX: if enabled, value from SIP-RTP page is applied for Android application only when WiFi is used
- Run in background: the app automatically disconnects from SIP / Presence server in background which helps to improve battery usage. Enable this option if you would like to keep the app running in background all the time
- Use PBX LAN Address when available (enabled by default): the application connects to one of IP candidates: IP/domain and port 443 if a user did not specify a port on login page or IP/domain:port if user specifies a port on login page
- Image quality: select one of the image resolutions (High/ Standard/ Low) to compress or improve quality of pictures/ photos before sending
Connection status notification (available on Android < 8): if enabled, connection status notification (Logged in/ Connected) is displayed in Android notification bar
Firewall bypass (beta): the feature is disabled by default. The app uses TURN server located on turn.wildix.com (used TCP port 443). If enabled in On mode, the app switches audio stream to PBX via external TURN server right away after call was started. If enabled in Auto mode, the app switches audio stream in case it is missing for 5 seconds after call was started
- Notifications (available on Android ≥ 8, starting from Android Collaboration v. 4.02.18): This option is located in settings of a phone itself and can be accessed from the app. If enabled, new chats and connection status notifications are displayed in Android notification bar
- Echo canceller: allows controlling echo cancellation. If echo is detected during echo test (launched automatically after first login or enabled manually via the option “Calibrate echo canceller”), Echo canceller is enabled automatically. Note: the option is always enabled by default for Samsung S10+ phones
- Calibrate echo canceller: it automatically launches after first login and adjusts voice quality by preventing echo or removing it after it is already present
- Test push notifications: the option automatically launches during the first login or can be done manually. It allows to check that push notifications are not blocked by OS. In case they are blocked, notification indicating the issue will be displayed
- Give feedback: provide customer feedback