Instant Virtual Porting is an option available within Full DIDs Porting, which allows you to receive incoming calls to your existing numbers via CLASSOUND almost instantly, without the need to wait for 2+ weeks till porting is done.
After enabling Instant Virtual Porting during your porting order, you get temporary CLASSOUND DIDs, which you then use to configure call forwarding from existing DIDs to the temporary CLASSOUND DIDs.
The below diagram displays call flow with Instant Virtual Porting:
Once full DIDs porting is completed (usually takes 2+ weeks), the temporary DIDs are deactivated and calls to your original DIDs go via CLASSOUND directly.
How to configure Instant Virtual Porting
- When ordering Full DIDs Porting, make sure to tick off the checkbox Instant Virtual Porting:
Documentation: CLASSOUND Activation Request - Full DIDs Porting
After DIDs porting is ordered, the list with all DIDs belonging to the specific customer/ reseller is displayed on the CLASSOUND DIDs tab in WMP. There, in Temporary number column, you can find Temporary CLASSOUND DID once available (takes up to 2 days).
2. Configure Dialplan using your original phone numbers (not temporary DIDs)
3. Configure call forwarding from your original DIDs to the temporary DIDs
Note: In case you have a range of phone numbers, e.g. +372465646XX, Temporary DIDs of the same range are assigned.
That's it. Once call forwarding is configured, you immediately start receiving incoming calls via CLASSOUND. When Full DIDs Porting is completed, temporary DIDs are deactivated, and incoming calls go via CLASSOUND directly, no changes in settings are required.
Warning: Emergency calls are not available until the full porting procedure is completed.
Instant Virtual Porting lets existing numbers receive calls via CLASSOUND service before full porting is completed. This goal is achieved this by creating a temporary DID that redirects calls from the donor supplier. As a result, there’s no need to wait weeks before the full CLASSOUND + WMS system can be used – it’s available from day one and can be created in just a few clicks.
Say, you want to fully port +1 7345266757 into WMS + CLASSOUND system. Here’s what you need to do:
1. Log in to WMP -> go to Customers -> choose customer and proceed to CLASSOUND DIDs:
2. On the CLASSOUND DIDs tab click the + (Add) button:
3. Choose Full Porting DIDs In/Out:
4. Fill out the CLASSOUND Order form. See detailed instructions in this guide CLASSOUND Activation Request - Full DIDs Porting, making sure that Instant Virtual Porting checkbox is ticked off.
Once the form is filled out, outbound calls can be made via WMS.
5. Proceed with the steps described in the How to configure Instant Virtual Porting section of this guide (getting Temporary number, configuring redirect).
Regarding call redirection, setup instructions may differ depending on the provider.
Here is the example of setup in case of BT:
- First you need to order Call Diversion, it can take up to 24 hours before you can use it. Check out BT website for the relevant instructions.
- Then, to divert all your calls, follow these instructions on the telephone line you want to divert from: dial: *21*(phone number you want to divert to)#
In case of Bandwidth provider:
- Enter the Temporary number into the Routing field in Phone Number Details on Bandwidth portal:
6. As soon as the redirect is activated, Incoming calls arrive to WMS.